When you install PyCharm, they ask if you want to enable PyCharm context menu item but they don’t let you disable later if you don’t like it, so your only option is to uninstall and install it again. Not a convenient way, thankfully we can use the Registry method to accomplish this. Here’s how to do it:
- Right click “View raw” link at the bottom of the embedded file and click “Save link as”.
- Double click the saved file
- (optional) You may get a UAC window, click Yes.
- You will get a dialog if you want to apply this file, click Yes again.
- Congrats, now you have successfully removed “Open with PyCharm” menu item.
If you want to restore this menu item, just do the same steps with the
restore.reg file below.
Show comments this time only or Show comments for next 7 days