2017-03-20: To my knowledge, this doesn't work anymore but you are free to try yourself :simple_smile:
This is a quick tutorial on how to disable Office 2016’s Telemetry feature that is bundled with the suite for free! What a deal!
- Download the required admin templates for Group Policy
- Extract them anywhere (e.g. Desktop). (You can delete the files we don’t need later)
- Go to admx and select en-US folder and all .admx files in the root directory of admx. (Screenshot here)
- Go to
%systemroot%\policyDefinitionsand move all selected files and folders to that folder.
gpedit.mscand go to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Office 2016 > Telemetry Dashboard
- Disable or enable these Settings as shown below:
- Turn on telemetry data collection = Disabled
- Turn on privacy settings in Office Telemetry Agent = Enabled
- Turn on data uploading for Office Telemetry Agent = Disabled
It should look like this below:
Show comments this time only or Show comments for next 7 days