Newer versions of Skype come with the shell menu item “Share with Skype” and they give no option to disable this in the Skype app. Here’s how you can disable it:
- Right click “View raw” link at the bottom of the embedded file and click “Save link as”.
- Double click the saved file
- (optional) You may get a UAC window, click Yes.
- You will get a dialog if you want to apply this file, click Yes again.
- Congrats, now you have successfully removed “Share with Skype” menu item.
If you want to restore this menu item, just do the same steps with the
restore.reg file below.